Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I Don't Feel Like Writing, But...

I’ve been really busy the past week and I’m a little under the weather right now, so I don’t feel much like writing…especially about the Cubs.

The team has underperformed pretty much all year and things don’t seem to be getting better. When they were doing poorly at the end of April, it was easy to say, “it’s only the first month.” But now we are two months into the year -- more than 25% of the season is gone -- and there have been no signs of improvement.

I’m already starting to concoct trades to get this team turned around. I wrote previously about the wisdom of trading players like Carlos Zambrano, Matt Murton, and Jacque Jones.

In a future post, I want to examine possible trade partners and analyze the Cubs needs now and in the future. For now, I just want to say that I’m disappointed in what the Cubs have done so far this year. I know that’s not breaking news, but I feel a little better saying it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home